A.C. Williams Cast Iron Double Pumper Fire Engine for Sale
A.C. Williams Cast Iron Double Pumper Fire Engine
This is the larger AC Williams Fire Engine pre-1930 that is less seen. Our variation has a double piston and beautiful spoked wheels. These are the earlier wheels, and they changed to rubber around 1932.
Condition is all original with the normal Williams paint chips and thinner paint. The red is quite glossy as is the gold highlighting.
We emphasize this larger size, so take a look at the picture with the scale. The proportions go up on this one and it is a beautiful heavy toy.
A brief history of A.C. Williams Co. of Ravenna, Ohio:
The A. C. Williams Company was founded in business in Chagrin Falls, Ohio in 1844. It was founded by John Wesley Williams, the father of A. C. Williams. However, there was a big fire at the company, and a decision was made to move to Ravenna. Ohio. Actual production started there in 1893.
Like the other famous cast iron companies of the time (Hubley, Dent, Kilgore, Arcade, Kenton), A.C. Williams manufactured cast iron cars and trucks. From 1893 to 1923 they produced cast-iron horse-drawn rigs, autos, airplanes, penny banks, and tractor toys; the line included mostly miniatures distributed through Woolworth, Kresge`s, and other five-and-dime stores. They even produced some tin cars towards the end of the company’s relatively long history. Unfortunately, in 1938 they closed their toy production and continued in other ventures to this day.
1 in stock
|Dimensions||12 × 9 × 9 in|