Various Maker Japanese Tin Windup & Friction Toy Bugs Set of 5 for Sale
Various Maker Japanese Tin Windup & Friction Toy Bugs Set of 5
We have for you this tin, lithographed, windup & friction set of 5 bug toys manufactured by various Japanese makers.
- Horned beetle manufactured by Kasaburo Co. Ltd. of Tokyo, Japan. Wound with dedicated key this working example skitters along. It is approximately 4 ½” L.
- Grasshopper manufactured by an unknown Japanese maker. It is wound with dedicated key, but has been overwound and does not work. It is approximately 4 ¾” L.
- Snail manufactured by Komoda of Toyko, Japan. This snail is friction and when revved up this working example travels forward while its neck goes up and down. It is approximately 4 ½” L.
- Turtle manufactured by an unknown Japanese maker. This turtle is friction, when revved up this working example travels forward. It is approximately 2” L.
- Lady bug manufactured by and unknown Japanese maker. This lady bug is friction, but the friction is weak. It is approximately 2” L.
These pieces are in good all original condition with no breaks, restorations, repairs, or touch ups. These pieces show the usual patina, fading, dust, chips, scuffs, surface rust, scratches, missing accessories and wear that are to be expected from age and play. We invite you to view the photos to further determine quality and condition.
1 in stock
|Dimensions||12 × 9 × 9 in|